A new e-learning programme has been launched to give people, including health professionals a greater understanding of how mindfulness can support the people they are working with.
Introduction to Mindfulness is a simple and comprehensive e-learning programme which will provide people with an overview of what mindfulness is.
The programme has been developed by Health Education England’s Population Health and Prevention and e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) teams in partnership with MindEd.
Learners accessing the introduction to mindfulness session may find it beneficial for their own health and wellbeing or to develop a better understanding of what mindfulness is in order to share its benefits with the people and communities they are working with.
By the end of the programme, learners should be able to:
- Define what mindfulness is
- Describe the evidence base for mindfulness
- Identify the key components of mindfulness
- Evaluate whether mindfulness may be an appropriate approach for someone
- List the sources of further information and where to signpost people to for more resources and support
For more information about the e-learning programme and for details of how to access the programme visit: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/introduction-to-mindfulness/